Chargrilled Burgers with Mango & Lime Salsa
25 mins | Serves: 2
- 2 Peppercorn Extra Lean Beef Burgers
- Cooking spray
- 8 small butter lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 200ml chilled unsweetened juice of your choice (per person)
- 185ml (1½ cups) chilled soda or mineral water (per person)
- Ice cubes, to serve
- 1 small mango, flesh finely chopped
- 1 green shallot, finely chopped
- ½ small fresh red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp shredded lime zest
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mango and Lime Salsa
1 – Mango and lime salsa: Put mango, shallot, chilli, if using, lime zest and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Set aside.
2 – Divide burgers into 4 patties. Spray a barbecue grill or chargrill pan with cooking spray. Cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
3 – Divide lettuce between shallow bowls. Top each with 2 burgers. Top with salsa.
4 – Divide juice between glasses. Top up with soda water. Add ice cubes to serve.
5 – Accompany burgers with the drink.