Chilli Con Carne
30 mins | Serves: 6
- 540g Peppercorn Extra Lean Beef Burgers, broken up into mince
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 small fresh chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mexican chilli powder
- 400g can no-added-salt tomatoes
- 400g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 80ml (⅓ cup) water
- 100g (½ cup) basmati rice
- 75g (¼ cup) extra-light sour cream
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
1 – Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium. Add the capsicum, celery, zucchini, garlic and fresh chilli. Cook, stirring often, for 6-7 minutes or until the vegetables soften slightly.
2 – Increase the heat to high. Add the mince. Cook stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add the chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and water to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce head to medium. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
3 – Meanwhile, cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water following the directions, or until tender. Drain well.
4 – Divide the rice and mince mixture between bowls, or stir rice through the mice mixture. Top with sour cream and coriander sprigs to serve.