Mini Meatloaf with Tomato & Radish Salad
1 hr 50 mins | Serves: 2
- 2 Peppercorn Extra Lean Beef Burgers, broken up
- 60g (¼ cup) Doongara rice
- Cooking spray
- 50g egg
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated, excess moisture
- 50g (⅓ cup) fresh corn kernels, chopped
- ¼ small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
Tomato and Radish Salad
- 45g (3 cups) mixed salad leaves
- 3 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diagonally sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 – Cook rice following packet directions. Drain. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
2 – Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Spray a 5.5cm deep, 7cm x 13cm (base measurement) loaf pan with cooking spray. Line with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang sides.
3 – Combine burger mince, egg, zucchini, corn, capsicum, parsley and rice in a medium bowl. Season with pepper.
4 – Put burger mixture into loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
5 – Tomato and radish salad: Put all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Drizzle with vinegar to serve.
6 – Slice meatloaf. Serve with the salad.