Sausage and Risoni Stew
| Serves: 4
- 8 Peppercorn Extra Lean Beef Sausages
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 small zucchinis, thickly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, in 1cm pieces
- 800g tin of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup dried risoni pasta
- 1 tbsp rosemary
1 – Pan fry or BBQ sausages until just cooked. Set aside.
2 – Cook onion, capsicum, zucchini and eggplant in olive oil for 5 minutes or until tender.
3 – Stir in tinned tomates and rosemary and bring to a simmer.
4 – Slice sausage in half lengthways, then crossways.
5 – Add sausages to pan with risoni and olives.
6 – Simmer covered, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until risoni is tender.