Sausage Bean Hot Pot
45 mins | Serves: 4
- 450g Peppercorn Extra Lean Beef Sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves and crusty bread, to serve
1 – Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, in batches, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
2 – Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion has softened. Add beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and honey. Return sausages to pan. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and sauce thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with bread.
« Back DOWNLOAD PDF