Tomato and Basil Pasta
1 hr 5 mins | 2
- 2 Peppercorn Extra Lean Beef Burgers, broken up
- 50g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 small celery stick, roughly chopped
- 700g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp no-added-salt tomato paste
- 60g dried spaghetti or gluten-free pasta
- ½ cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 10g parmesan shavings, and freshly ground pepper to serve
1 – Put cauliflower, zucchini and celery in a steamer insert over a saucepan of simmering water. Coverand steam for 8-10 minutes or until very tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Put steamed vegetables and tomato in a food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
2 – Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium. Add onion and garlic. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Increase heat to medium-high. Add burger mince. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until browned.
3 – Add vegetable purée and tomato paste to pan. Cover and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4 – Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet directions, or until al dente. Drain well. Return to pan.
5 – Add meat sauce to pasta. Toss to combine. Stir in basil leaves.
6 – Divide pasta between shallow bowls. Top with parmesan and season with pepper to serve.